1st Maritime Safety International Conference was an international conference held by the Department of Marine Engineering Department, Faculty of Marine Technology, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya.
1st Maritime Safety International Conference was held from 9th to 11th July 2018. The aim of MASTIC 2018 is to exchange the latest information, development and innovative ideas in the field of marine technology, particularly related to the safety of ships operation and the safety of the maritime industry.
The 1st Maritime Safety International Conference (MASTIC 2018) addressed both current and advanced technology in Safety operation of ships and maritime facilities as well as the technology development in the field of marine engineering.
MASTIC is designed to be an advance biennial (2-yearly) international conference in which the manuscripts will be indexed through a reviewed based process to ensure the quality of the publication and it is expected to be a media for networking among academic institutions, research institutes, government agencies, maritime industry, manufacturing industry, shipping industry, and all maritime related stakeholders.
MASTIC 2018 was held with few topics that can be chosen by each participant as their preference, such as:
1. Technology assessment in marine safety
2. Risk management for marine system and operation
3. Quality control and management of the production process
4. Control and automation in navigation
5. Technology development for marine environment protection
6. Reliability, availability, maintainability, and insurance
7. Manufacturing of maritime facilities and supply chain systems
8. Strategic management, strategic thinking, and planning of the marine operation
9. Program and project management in the field of maritime facilities and ship production
10. Modeling & simulation of marine communication systems and navigation
11. Disruptive technologies and their impacts on management
12. The socioeconomic impact of the maritime industry and business and its technology management
13. Education, training and human factors related to engineering, technology management, and maritime safety
14. Technology development and management for marine tourism
15. Marine renewable energy sources as alternative energy opportunities and management
16. Other issues related to design, development, evaluation, production, and operations in the field of maritime research and innovation. See more details
The accepted and presented papers already published in Clausius Scientific Press (CSP). All articles of proceeding published by CSP are submitted for indexing in CrossRef, CPCI, CNKI and Scholar Google. The paper that was not presented by one of the authors was excluded from the proceeding and all distribution in the conference.